"We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, intellect is expanded
and one can stand on one’s own feet."
- Swami Vivekananda
- The villages in which Single Teacher Schools operate are selected based on a demographic survey that captures the details of the area in all its aspects.
- Single Teacher Schools provide Supplementary Education to the children who attend Government Schools and also to the School drop outs.
- The Single Teacher Schools function in a rented place at a convenient location in the village.
- The Schools function between 5 & 8 p.m. on all weekdays with an average class strength of 30 children in the age group of 5-12 years.
- The academic syllabus of STS covers Tamil, English, Arithmetic and Basic Sciences.
- Character Building and Discipline are the corner stones of STS with an emphasis on Hygiene and physical exercises including Yoga.
- The schools are provided with Black Board, Mats, Desks, Text Books & Note Books including Library books (2 sets) and other accessories.
- Solar lamps are provided along with First Aid Kit and Sports material.
- Emphasis is laid on extra-curricular activities like recitation of poetry, patriotic songs, quiz contests, drawing, and story-telling and games like Chess & Tennikoit.
- Children follow punctuality, sing a prayer before the classes, undertake the national pledge and maintain decorum in the classes.
- Regular Sports Meets, Science Exhibitions and Cultural Programs for the children are conducted.